In honor of the upcoming Final Four tournament being hosted in Houston this year, Sabine River Café will be offering its signature lunch menu of home-style Louisiana and Texas comfort foods for just $2 each. The special will be available to the first fifty diners to attend the restaurant for lunch before 11:30 a.m., each day between March 28 and April 4.
“No, I am not crazy,” laughed managing partner Chuck Krauthamer. “I am excited about the game and I know my customers are too. This is just a fun way to celebrate March Madness [and appreciate] my customers.”
Below is the detailed lunch menu at Sabine River Café:
- Grilled Shrimp Plate: Four skewered jumbo shrimp, butterflied and brushed with our chipotle glaze. Served over a rice pilaf, with smoked vegetables for $8.99.
- Blackened Chicken Plate: Chicken breast dredged in our special pepper spices, with our sweet and tangy sauce. Served over a rice pilaf with green beans for $7.99.
- Grilled Pork Chop Plate: One 6 oz. center cut pork chop, basted with our chipotle glaze. Served with green beans and mashed potatoes for $7.99.
- Andouille Plate: Two split andouille sausages, grilled and basted with chipotle glaze. Served with a rice pilaf and green beans for $8.99.
- Ultimate Cobb Salad: Chipotle-glazed chicken breast over our fresh mixed greens with bacon, red onions, chopped egg, diced tomatoes and crumbled bleu cheese for $8.99.
- Soup and Salad: Bowl of soup or gumbo and a small green salad for $8.49.
- Fish Burrito: Tilapia in a light tempura batter, with our special chipotle remoulade sauce and red cabbage wrapped and in a corn or flour tortilla. Served with our house-made corn relish and a rice pilaf for $7.99.
- Chicken Poblano Pirogue: Slices of chicken in a creamy poblano sauce and served in a dugout baguette. Our very own version of chicken pot pie, for $7.99.
- Comfort Bowl: A bowl of mashed potatoes, topped with diced fried chicken, our poblano sauce and Monterey Jack cheese for $7.99.
- Black Beans, Rice & Andouille Sausage: A Texas twist on this Cajun tradition, served over rice for $6.99.
Burgers & Sandwiches
- Angus Burger: A half-pound Angus burger with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes and onions for $6.99.
- South of the Border Burger: A half-pound Angus patty, atop a bed of tortilla chips, smothered with queso, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and jalapenos for $7.99.
- BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger: A half-pound Angus burger basted with tasty BBQ sauce, bacon and cheddar cheese for $7.99.
- Portabella Swiss Burger: A half-pound Angus burger with mushrooms, Swiss cheese, tomatoes and spring mix for $8.49.
- Ribeye Sandwich: An 8 oz. cut of our Angus beef, served open-faced with our oven-roasted potatoes and our original honey mustard coleslaw for $10.99.
- Blackened Chicken Sandwich: Chicken breast seared in Cajun spices, with lettuce, tomatoes and our original honey mustard spread for $7.99
- Turkey Croissant: Lean turkey breast with lettuce, tomato and our honey mustard spread. Served hot or cold for $7.99.
- Tuna Croissant: Grilled or blackened tuna with spring mix, Roma tomatoes and our honey mustard spread for $8.99.
- Grilled Chicken Croissant: Chicken breast with cheese, bacon and our honey mustard spread for $7.99. A Sabine River “Signature Specialty.”
One lunch menu item per diner is allowed, with no phone or to-go orders accepted. Sabine River Café is located at 10001 Westheimer Road, Suite 2520, in the Carillon Center. Lunch is served from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information about Sabine River Café, please visit them online or call 713-334-2353.