For those of you who know me, it will come as no surprise to you that I have been heavily invested in the murder trial of Travis Alexander. I lived in Phoenix, Arizona when Travis was brutally stabbed 29 times, his throat cut from ear to ear, before he was shot in the face by his lover, Jodi Arias. I have always been curious in regards to murder mysteries, but this case hit home... literally. Not to mention what a handsome and charming man Travis was. It is hard not to become emotionally invested when you see what potential this young man illuminated.
I have been attending the Phoenix trial. Sitting with the spectators, lining up at 6:30am to cross your fingers that the lottery system that the court determines secures you a seat in the emotionally saturated courtroom. Strangers argue in the hallways about who showed up first, cut in line, and verbally assault each other to get a glimpse of the former Glamourshot that is the murderous, Jodi Arias.
Truth be told, I find her to be beautiful and frail. When we lock eyes, my heart sinks and I want so badly for her to be innocent. But she is not. She murdered a young man who struggled in his relationship with God to be good and to be better. And as The Defense lays out their strategy of demonizing your average 30 year old man, with a 16 year old boys' hormones, I'm reminded of what a senseless act this was.
One point The Defense has successfully established is the fact that no one really knew what was going on between Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander - Except for Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander.
As a Ghost Blogger and Social Media Strategist, I dissected their social behavior below...
The Myspace pages of Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander reflects a haunting time capsule. Between similar interests, to romantic comments, and photo galleries. What does it say about their relationship?
- Travis Alexander was a Motivational Speaker, meanwhile Jodi listed people such as Robert T. Kiyosaki, Anthony Robbins, and Jack Canfield under the "Who Would You Like to Meet" section of her Myspace page.
Translation: She admired men similar to Travis and fixated on wanting that lifestyle. This also furthers friends of Travis' accusations that Jodi quickly inherited Travis' interests in hopes of Happily Ever After.
- Travis was very loving toward Jodi via Myspace, commenting on her inner and outer beauty.. she even held the coveted spot as Number 1 on his Top 8 Friends.
Translation: He made a sincere effort to calm Jodi Arias' infidelity suspicions. These were public declarations of his feelings for her. Post breakup, she stayed his #1 to avoid conflict.
- His communication was more personal... however her communication was more often on the public pages.
Translation: She spent more time of Travis' page than he spent on hers. But she was making a point to appear disengaged.
- Jodi set up a romantic online photo album of then slain Travis Alexander filled with photos of happier times.
Translation: Calculated. She thought she was smarter than everyone else and planned to manipulate their circle of friends through faux grief.
- 82,000 e-mails exchanged between Jodi Arias & Travis Alexander in a FIVE month period; in comparison, Gen. John Allen's career was put in jeopardy when over 20,000 email exchanges were sent to Jill Kelley in a YEARS time during the Petraeus scandal. His Leadership was put under a microscope. It was Travis' ultimate goal to be a respected Leader within his business ventures and his church. On top of that, over 15,000 TEXT MESSAGES were exchanged between the two. This relationship was toxic to his personal development.
These are personal theories, anyone familiar with the case knows that it is simply impossible to know what is going on inside of Jodi Arias' head. But friends of Jodi are claiming that she is mentally preparing to testify to save her life within the next few weeks, and I can't wait to see what Prosecutor Juan Martinez has to say to her.