The Cherry Blossom Festival is in full swing, and loads of DC restaurants are running fabulous specials for you to enjoy. Here is a run-down of some of the ones you MUST take advantage of, if you already haven’t:
- Daikaya: The ramen shop will be serving a Black Cherry Old Fashioned, with bourbon, Daikaya old-fashioned bitters, and black cherry syrup garnished with a twist of lemon peel. The second floor izakaya will be serving a Bark & Bite Fizz, with wild cherry phosphate soda as well as The Gift, a heady cocktail garnished with a preserved edible cherry blossom.
- Ambar: Ambar’s Cherry Blossom cocktail is called the Cherry Cvet, and is made with classic Eastern European cherry brandy, as well as gin, fresh lime juice, cranberry, simple syrup, egg white and bitters.
- Zengo: This Latin fusion restaurant will be serving their Huanami cocktail during the Cherry Blossom festival, which is comprised of bourbon, ginger syrup, cherry hibiscus chutney, and fresh lemon juice.
- Astro Donuts & Fried Chicken: DC’s favorite donut shop will be offering a special Cherry Blossom donut that is filled with black cherry compote and drizzled with an Earl Grey tea glaze.
- Jaleo: For a Spanish twist on the Cherry Blossom festival head to Jaleo and try the their Queso Murcia al Vino Tinto con Mermelada de Cereza y Pan Tostado, 'the drunken goat' with Murcia cheese, cherry marmalade and toasted bread, as well as the Sopa de Frutas Rojas con Helado de Queso, a wild red berry soup with Idiazábal cheese ice cream.
- Masa 14: Try the red Roasted Beet Salad at Masa 14, complete with frisee lettuce, curry leaf yogurt, spiced cashews, and seasonal Meyer lemons. Cocktails specials will also be available.