Many people around the world celebrate Epiphany, also known as Three King's Day and/or Twelfth Night on January 6. In New Orleans it is also the start of Carnival season, which leads up to the city's biggest party, Mardi Gras.
The 2014 Carnival season is one of the longest ones possible with Mardi Gras falling on March 4, leaving 58 days for planning, parties, balls and of course king cakes.
The season kicked off with the Phunny Phorty Phellows proclaiming the arrival of Carnival as they rode a streetcar down St. Charles Ave. on Monday night.
Complete 2014 Parade Schedule:
Saturday, Feb. 15
- Krewe of Bilge- Slidell, Noon
- Krewe of Mona Lisa and MoonPie- Slidell, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe du Vieux- French Quarter, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe Delusion- French Quarter, follows Krewe du Vieux
Sunday, Feb. 16
- Krewe of Little Rascals- Metairie, Noon
Friday, Feb. 21
- Krewe of Cork- French Quarter, 3:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Oshun- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Cleopatra- Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Excalibur- Metairie, 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Eve- Mandeville, 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Atlas- Metairie, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 22
- The Mystic Knights of Adonis- West Bank, 11:45 a.m.
- Knights of Nemesis- Chalmette, 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Pontchartrain- Uptown, 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Choctaw- Uptown, follows Pontchartrain
- Krewe of Freret- Uptown, follows Choctaw
- Knights of Sparta- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Caesar- Metairie, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Olympia- Covington, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Titans- Slidell, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Pygmalion- Uptown, 6:45 p.m.
- Krewe of Chewbacchus- Marigny, 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 22
- Krewe of Carrollton- Uptown, Noon
- Krewe of Perseus- Slidell, 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Dionysus- Slidell, 1:00 p.m.
- Krewe of King Arthur and Merlin- Uptown, follows Carrollton
- Krewe of Alla- Uptown, follows King Arthur
- Krewe of Tchefuncte- Madisonville, 2:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Barkus- French Quarter, 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 26
- Krewe of Ancient Druids- Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Nyx- Uptown, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 27
- Knights of Babylon- Uptown, 5:45 p.m.
- Krewe of Muses- Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
- Knights of Chaos- Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 28
- Krewe of Hermes- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of d'Etat- Uptown, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Selene- Slidell, 6:30 p.m.
- Krewe of Centurions- Metairie, 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Lyra- Covington, 7:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Morpheus- Uptown, 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Mar. 1
- Krewe of NOMTOC- Westbank, 10:45 a.m.
- Krewe of Iris- Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Tucks- Uptown, Noon
- Krewe of Endymion- Mid-City, 4:15 p.m.
- Krewe of Isis- Metairie, 6:30 p.m.
Sunday, Mar. 2
- Krewe of Okeanos- Uptown, 11:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Mid-City- Uptown, 11:45 a.m.
- Krewe of Thoth- Uptown, Noon
- Krewe of Bacchus- Uptown, 5:15 p.m.
- Krewe of Napoleon- Metairie, 5:30 p.m.
Monday, Mar. 3
- Krewe of Proteus- Uptown, 5:15 pm.
- Krewe of Orpheus- Uptown, 6:00 p.m.
- Krewe of Hera- Metairie, 6:15 p.m.
- Krewe of Zeus- Metairie, 7:00 p.m.
Fat Tuesday, Mar. 4
- Krewe of Zulu- Uptown, 8:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Rex- Uptown, 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Grela- West Bank, 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Argus- Metairie, 10:00 a.m.
- Krewe of Elks Orleans- Uptown, follows Rex
- Krewe of Crescent City- Uptown, follows Krewe of Elks Orleans
- Krewe of Elks Jefferson- Metairie, follows Krewe of Argus
- Krewe of Jefferson- Metairie, follows Krewe of Argus
For email updates when a new article is published, please subscribe at the top of the page.