The beaches are open, the sun is shining (at least some) and the warm weather is upon us. Summer is here!
This summer is extra special, because it is a Tall Ships year. Now the festival won't be coming to Chicago until August, but the ships will be making stops in various other ports around the Great Lakes for the rest of the summer. The schedule for these events is below:
- Tall Ships Toronto, June 30th - July 4th
- Tall Ships Cleveland, July 7th - 11th
- Tall Ships Bay City, MI, July 15th - 18th
- Tall Ships Duluth, July 29th - August 3rd
- Tall Ships Green Bay, August 13th - 15th
- Tall Ship Chicago, August 24th - 29th
If you've never been to a Tall Ships festival I strongly urge you to make a trip to see them this summer. There are all sorts of events depending on the city. If you go for the opening ceremonies it is thrilling to see the ships sail in and make port. Please check out the above websites and get familiar with the boats that will be out this summer.
Also, remember that Chicago has two of its very own Tall Ships that are available for tours and private events during the boating season, Windy and Red Witch.