Statistics show that 25% of people living in Buffalo, NY snore.
If your partner’s snoring is keeping you up at night, here are a few tips you can try:
• Ask her to try sleeping on her side. Most snoring occurs when a person is sleeping on their back. While heavy snorers will snore in any position, moderate snoring can be corrected by changing positions.
• Avoid the use of alcohol, sedatives, or antihistamines before bed. They cause the muscles to relax and limit the air passage way.
• If she’s already snoring, give her a slight nudge. This will break up the sleeping pattern for just a moment and will often cause her to shift position without fully waking up.
• Use extra pillows to elevate the top half of the body. This helps keep the airway open.
• Inhale steam before going to bed. Nasal congestion can cause snoring. Use a steam vaporizer to loosen mucus.
• When all else fails, buy earplugs. Sure, it seems unfair that the non-snorer should have to suffer the discomfort of earplugs, but it’s a lot better than moving out of the bedroom.