Continuing in Leviticus Moses goes on to explain God’s laws concerning sex. He explains that doing any of these sexual perversions is an abomination to God!
- “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)
He goes on to explain that committing bestiality and incest are also abominations and they defile the land!
- “Therefore you shall keep My ordinance, so that you do not commit any of these abominable customs which were committed before you, and that you do not defile yourselves by them: I am the LORD your God” (Leviticus 18:23-30).
There are many who refute these scriptures and excuse themselves using human reasoning that these were Old Testament commands but in the New Testament God gives everyone grace and no matter what they do, He forgives them! Really?
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man--and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things. Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. For this reason God gave them up to vile passions."
"For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them” (Romans 1:18-32).
- “But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man's offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.” (Romans 5:15).
But, they have to repent and stop sinning!
- “What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it” (Romans 6:1)?
Those who have a problem with being attracted to the same sex can overcome this! There are different reasons why people have this problem which this writer will not go into at this time. It takes counseling, sometimes therapy, and lots of prayer and fasting! But with God all things are possible! IF they believe!
- “Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes" (Mark 9:23).
- Revelation 21:7: "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.”
- Revelation 22:14: “Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
Our country used to stand for right principles, but in the past few years, our morals have been slowly eroding and these practices are becoming accepted and commonplace!
We have forgotten God and His laws! God promises to bless us if we obey Him, individually and nationally!
Deuteronomy 28 explains all of the blessings God will bestow upon us for obedience to Him!
For those in the Lexington and London, KY areas and would like to understand more concerning this subject, please click here or here. For those in Louisville, go here, and for those in Henderson, go here.
Those interested in prophecy may want to see this website!