Is the era of vinyl and recorded music over?

Grease.jpg

Comments

• Elizabeth Kelly: Knoxville Healthy Food Examiner 5 years ago

As long as there are dance clubs and radios, there will have to be some form of recorded music. That said, Eno is a GENIUS, so I'd listen to him carefully!

• Pamela G. Creative Writing Examiner 5 years ago

I think eventually, everything will just be available for download and there won't even be CD's. That being said, the good news is that independent bands have as much of a chance of marketing their work as the biggest names. The bad news is that independent bands have as much of a chance, too, no matter how terrible they are. LOL.

• Sherri Thornhill-Generation X Examiner 5 years ago

You gave me an idea for a future gen x article! I still own lots of vinyl, old and new and a record player. There is something about the scratchiness of an LP that just makes me smile!

• K K Thornton - Dallas Ethnic Foods Examiner 5 years ago

I love Brian Eno! Always have. Always will. Nice to see a fellow AC contributor. :) Subscribed.

• Susan Leak 5 years ago

Yes, Enos is beyond a genius, but that said, I am still curious as to how he foresees music being shared if not recorded?
    Vinyl has stood the test of time....and CDs, even with the age of mp3s is still a viable means to share music.

• Emylou Lewis 5 years ago

Hi from AC Susan! :-) I subscribed.

Third culture kids examiner
    Seattle stay-at-home moms examiner

• Charlene Collins - Atlanta Family Health Examiner 5 years ago

Giving some page love.

• Carol Roach, Montreal Mental Health Examiner 5 years ago

I don't get this guy

• Ayepea 5 years ago

Records are still very much a movement in music, with indie labels, and even some majors partaking in the release of vinyl. Companies such as Stonesthrow/Now and Again records, pride themselves (and have made a ton of money, Im sure)in the art of records. Within the last year and a half, companies like Best buy have started to sell 12"albums in some parts of the country only re-enforcing the fact the record is still relevant.. brian eno is entitled to his opinion, but seriously he should have known better than this.. either way I will listen to "by a river" later today, and not care either way
    PEACE