Now that actress Natalie Wood's death certificate has been changed to "accidental" to "undetermined," many are wondering if her widower, actor Robert Wagner, is still a suspect. The NY Daily News reports on Jan. 18, 2013 that a member of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department confirmed that Wagner is not a suspect in her death.
The investigation into Wood's 1981 death has been re-opened, but when asked by reporters on Friday if Robert Wagner was a suspect, Lt. John Carina simply stated, "No."
Photos of Natalie Wood and Robert Wagner
On June 15, 2012, Natalie Wood's death certificate was changed from "accidental drowning" to "drowning and other undetermined factors" after questions about bruises on her body led the Los Angeles Coroner's office to re-evaluate her cause of death.
The change in her cause of death were not made public until Jan. 14, 2013. Natalie Wood's cause of death is now listed as "found floating in ocean ... circumstances not clearly established."
The New York Daily News states that Wagner was not contacted prior to authorities publicly stating that he was not a suspect, but Lt. Carina informed reporters that they are "... just starting to reinvestigate the case, so sooner or later we will be contacting his family.
Wagner was steering the boat the night Natalie Wood died and did talk to authorities after her death.
Boat captain Dennis Davern still maintains that Wagner asked him not to look for his wife and that the couple had an argument before Wood was found dead in the water.
While the L.A. County Sheriff's department confirm that Wagner is not a suspect in the 1981 death of actress Natalie Wood, they made it clear on Friday that they are re-opening the case that is now more than three decades old.
“We have several sources that have come forward with additional information, and as I said, we have found it credible enough to take another look at the case ... We'll go wherever the investigation is going to take us."
- Holly Madison moves out: Pink dog house to blame (Video)
- Pamela Anderson's cleavage draws focus away from aging face (Video)
- Did Britney Spears quit 'X Factor'? Say goodbye to Brit's crazy faces (Video)
- Taylor Swift reportedly writes five songs about Harry Styles breakup (Video)
- 2013 Oscar nominees list: Which movies made the cut? (Video)
- 'Criminal Minds' star Thomas Gibson arrested for possible DUI
- Octomom back on welfare: Nadya Suleman to get $2800 a month in public assistance (Video)
- Justin Bieber tweets about drug photos: 'I never want to let any of you down'
- Hulk Hogan refiles $100 mil lawsuit against Gawker, Heather Clem (Video)
- Taylor Swift reportedly wrote five songs about Harry Styles breakup (Video)