1. Life
  2. Religion & Spirituality
  3. Western Religions

Is Mike Huckabee going to run for president in 2012?

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee

Visit the author's website: http://www.holyspirit-called.com/

Mike Huckabee is steadily gaining national recognition through a daunting list of public speaking where he appears between tapings of his show "Huckabee", which airs on Fox News every week.  There are two important things happening for him.  First, he speaks as a Fox News contributor with relevant information that showcases his style of governing. Secondly, he spends time connecting with people.  He is an amazing speaker. There is a distinctive difference between a speaker and a speech giver.  Huckabee speaks from what he believes to be foundational truths and that is why he does not need a teleprompter.  He understands why he believes what he believes, which enables him to spontaneously speak on those subjects.  He can phrase it, paraphrase it and rephrase it all in layman’s terms without ever changing the DNA of the subject.  He can start at point A go to point B thru D, or start at D and move randomly thru A, B and C.  He is able to explain why he is for the Fair Tax as an example and detail how it could benefit the national taxation system.  His message resonates with mass amounts of people because he speaks plain and comes across as genuinely caring about the people of this country.
    He has been compared to Ronald Regan as a communicator.  This is the key.  If Mike Huckabee continues to embrace America with his simple style of governing that includes “the people know more than big government gives them credit for knowing,” then 2012 it is going find itself with Huckabee for the GOP presidential nomination.  Huckabee is criss-crossing this country from coast to coast shaking hands with everyone who will shake it and listen to his message.  Not only has he run and completed four marathons in the last two years; it seems as if he is in for the long run for president of the United States.  For the GOP nominees the big question is will Sarah Palin throw on her running shoes and run this race too?

Don't forget to visit the author's website click here.

More Mike Huckabee Articles

Mike Huckabee comes to Nashville

Comments

• Linda 5 years ago

I love Huckabee. I hope he and Sarah Pallin run in 2012. They have my vote!

• Sherry 5 years ago

I like them both as well, but I don't think Palin is going to run in 2012.

• Jimmy S. 5 years ago

I was a Clinton fan, but I am a huge fan of Huckabee's Fair Tax plan. The Dems haven't come up with any ideas to simplify the tax system. Huckabee is the only one with any ideas. I wish that others would listen to him because the US Tax Code is ridiculous and sorry but I don't see Obama making it a priority.

• Audrey Stager. 5 years ago

Obama is turning us into a socialist country and the people are letting him do it. We need someone like Palin or Huckabee who will stand up to this Liberal Congress

• Huckapedia 5 years ago

>>> Excellent article by author Debbie Carrick!

Mike Huckabee does connect with his fans so much that he has a SUPER GIGANTIC Fan base growing at a phenomenal pace. 50 States of Fans that span 364 Counties in America and 11 Nations.

His energetic & enthusiastic Fan base is expanding at lightning speed 24/7 forming an super extensive network around the world. Take a look at this epic journey that is mounting around the globe for his 2012 Presidential run.

Google this to check out how popular he is: Huckabee Fan Club

Onward Huckabee Fans!!! Go Go Go!!!

• HuckFan2012 5 years ago

Huck is going all the way in 2012. He has the right ideas and is the person we need in Washington

• T&T 5 years ago

Huckabee doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. You right wing freaks need to shut up and let Obama get things done and quit talking about the 2012 election. Hellllloooo we just elected our president for 4 years, and he will go 2 terms.

• Dale 5 years ago

Obama is a "one-termer" if I've ever seen one!!

• Grace 5 years ago

I hope & pray Huckabee runs again in 2012 - this country can't take anymore politics as usual garbage (whether it's Democrat or Republican) and needs someone who is a proven effective governor, with fresh ideas, actually has a track record for being able to work with "the other side" without compromising conservative values, & a desire to do what is best for our country rather than serving himself...

• Lynn 5 years ago

Huckabee was governor of Arkansas for 10+ years and established a solid record of cutting taxes, improving roads and schools, and defending the unborn, even though he had to work with an overwhelmingly Democrat (and rabidly partisan) state legislature. He also had a plan in place that enabled Arkansas to receive and help thousands of refugees from Hurricane Katrina--at NO gov't expense. He mobilized an efficient army of volunteers and donations to do it. The author of this article is right that Huckabee is an incredibly gifted communicator. I wish the GOP had picked Huckabee last time instead of McCain.

• David Anderson 5 years ago

Mike Huckabee has the intellect, character, and experience to make a great President of the United States. However, he has no private fortune of his own, and does not have any powerful special interests to bankroll his campaign. Further, he is not supported by the establishment of the Republican party to whom he continues to be faithful. It will be a big uphill battle for Huckabee, who will have to depend on We The People to take him all the way to the White House.

• justgrace 5 years ago

This was an excellent article that got it right about Huckabee. He is an excellent speaker and thinker. As your article says, he knows his information so thoroughly that he can start at point D and then go back and cover point A to C if he has time. This is what made him a phenomenal debator in the Presidential primaries, but he was not give much time or serious consideration by the Party or the pundits last go round. This time (and I pray he will run for President--we need him!) it will be different. Americans will know and love him more as they see and hear him in speeches and on television and radio. BTW, he also has a news and commentary program daily on ABC radio, 7:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 4:30 PM Central time. Wise and informative as Paul Harvey he is, with a similar gentle humor. He wears very well.

• Bruce Hevner 5 years ago

I have been following MH since he first appeared on the national stage when he endorsed The Fair Tax in Columbia SC. I have met him and listened to him speak on stage to thousands of folks and out of the back of a pickup truck to a few hundred. He is a fantastic speaker who delivers a powerful message (without ANY teleprompter) that I believe is always from his heart. What you see is what you will get with Huck.
    That said I still have a few reservations. He is a little TOO far to the right in my opinion. But there are worse things that could (and are) happening to this country.
    The only person I think would be better suited as president would be Bob Barr (another Fair Tax supporter).
    Would I vote for MH if he is the candidate?? depending on his running mate,,, YES!!!

• Sandy 5 years ago

I am happy to read a positive article about a man I trust and hope will someday be voted president. He has much more experience than Palin and appeals more to moderate and independent voters. Yes, Huckabee is not rich and does need more financial support but that is one reason he is respected because he is NOT in bed with big business or special interest groups.

• Linda 5 years ago

This country couldn't ask for a better leader than Governor Huckabee. He has the best ideas for the country plus the experience and character that we need in our commander in chief! I'm hold out for "HOPE" in 2012!!

• Williams 4 years ago

We couldn't ask for better, In 2012 it will be my first time that I will be able to vote, and I plant to vote for Gov. Huckabee. He gives hope to the USA and I Believe if we listen to God; Mike Huckabee is who he wants for your president! Let’s give this great country back to GOD! Because it by his grace we are here today.

• Len 4 years ago

I wonder if T&T still thinks that "The annointed one" is still doing a good job, Hmmm. Well, if he would get his head out of the sand he would see that us (and I proudly say)Right wing Freaks? are RIGHT!! I say Huckabee/Palen 2012. by the way M.H., have your wiews of the IRS changed? I hope not. I think you once stated that you would like to do away with them. "go Huck" 2012

• Chris 3 years ago

Please Mr. Huckabee, run, and run hard.