Reducing smoking has been on the agenda of governments worldwide. Smoke prohibition has been in effect everywhere. However, many conventional treatments failed to meet the desired expectation to quit smoking. A new unconventional method is here; with promising results.
However, traditional mainstream seems to find the alternative annoying.
- Are pharmaceutical companies and specific authorities afraid to lose money by allowing alternative treatment to help the smoker quit?
What are electronic cigarettes; better known as e-cig?
Through ancient trade routes, the use of ‘Hookah’ started long ago in India, Persia, Egypt, and Turkey to name a few countries. People would sit, talk and smoke in restaurants, terraces and bars.
A kind of 'Aromatherapy treatment'.
E-cigarettes are battery-operated products. They turn nicotine and or other essential oils into a vapor that is inhaled by the user.
- Many people are right now using the device. Some of them have reduced their cigarette intake by 70% in a few days. Others have succeeded to eliminate nicotine dependency completely.
Conventional medicine and the pharmaceutical industry are not happy about it. Limitations and laws to restrict the device have started to take place. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm172906.htm
- In Europe, the pharmacology industries wanted e-cigarette to be sold exclusively in pharmacy as a drug.
E-cigarette is generating more than $20 million! Where is the Problem?
Obviously, smoking is not to be recommended due to its addictive and other effects.
- Unbearable problem: smoking.
- How to quit smoking: what are the conventional treatments?