Wine, chocolate and oysters all have their rightful place in love lore, but can coffee play a part in a successful relationship?
- Nearly a third (32%) of coffee drinkers recommend morning coffee with a significant other as the best way to have a healthy relationship.
- The morning treat even beat out buying flowers (9%), going to the nicest restaurant in town (6%), and making grand gestures like buying jewelry (2%) as the top tip to have a healthy, happy relationship.
- This little coffee gesture may even be one of the first signs that love is in the air for new couples. For over a quarter of coffee-drinking Americans, staying for “morning after” coffee (28%) is the very first sign a relationship is getting serious, more so even than keeping a spare toothbrush at your sweetheart’s place (20%) or updating your relationship status on Facebook (14%).
- Couples that drink coffee together in the morning are more satisfied with their relationship. On average, couples spending 41 minutes of quality time together each morning are happier than those who do not spend any time together in the morning.
- On average, those who are very satisfied in their relationship drink a cup of joe with their significant other four times per week.
- One in three (32%) very satisfied couples drink coffee together every day.
- Nearly one in three (31%) coupled-up coffee-drinkers think their relationship would improve if their significant other brought them coffee in bed.
It seems as though Joe is definitely part of a love triangle!