Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

IRS E-file: How to file, who to file with, getting an extension, more

Need more time to file your tax return? Here is how you can do it.
Need more time to file your tax return? Here is how you can do it.
Daily Finance

Many people don't realize that Apr. 15, 2014, is a lot closer than it actually is. As of Feb. 17, 2014, it is less than two months away and there is no sense in waiting to file your taxes so that you aren't late. It's possible to have an IRS e-file and get things done easily, but sometimes, it's a lot more than that. Such is the reason why sites like MSN Money are advising how extensions can be requested.

You can actually request a six-month filing extension if you are to file the proper forms with the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), but you've got to do it in time. That due date is Apr. 15, 2014, and you don't want to miss that one too.

One way of doing it is filling out Form 4868 which is an Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. This is a free process and you can do it fairly quickly and painlessly by an IRS e-file as well. does have methods of having it done for you as well, and they are even offering up some discounts and easy links:

If you'd like the ease of an IRS e-file, you can also do that through by using this helpful link:

Filing your taxes doesn't have to cause you stress or be something that you dread. Let those with the professional know-how help you with everything and do it for you. An IRS e-file shouldn't be fearful, but easy and done without chaos.

Doing it yourself is an option, but that's if you know what you're doing. If you're not 100 percent sure, then allow someone to help you so that your deadlines are met and your forms are properly filled out.

For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please subscribe at the bottom of the page and follow me on Twitter, GoogleBuzz, or join my group on Facebook and Celebrity Buzz.

Report this ad