On Saint Patrick’s Day most families have little leprechauns running around the house and by evening both parents and children can use a rest from the holiday festivities. Once the little ones are asleep it is time to take the cake out and serve up the cake with the Irish flavored frosting that isn’t meant for youngsters to eat. Be sure to have a special dessert for them to enjoy once they have finished dinner so they won’t feel left out. Now that the cake is served you can enjoy the rest of the evening with your family and guests and watch their reactions when they taste your spiked frosting.
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ cup of Irish cream liqueur
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together until you get the frosting consistency you are looking for and start spreading it over your cake.
- If the frosting is too thin add a little more confectioner’s sugar.
- If the frosting is too thick warm it in the microwave for 20 seconds and whip it up again.
- Add a little green food gel or coloring and create designs on top of the cake with the frosting.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: