If you're looking to expand your culinary horizons, you'll love this Irish-inspired recipe created by Chef Adrian Ashby. It's hearty and delicious, and makes for a standout meal on St. Patrick's or any other day this year.
- 1 lb bacon
- 14 oz package cocktail franks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 bouillon cube
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup water
1. Brown bacon until crisp in dutch oven over medium high heat. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
2. Saute the onion in bacon grease until translucent; add the cocktail franks and kielbasa. Lastly, create a well and add the garlic to the center (doing this well help it prevent the garlic from burning). Stir to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Pour the chicken broth and one cup of water over the sausages.
3. Layer potatoes over sausage and broth mixture. Sprinkle the potatoes with freshly ground black pepper and parsley. Bring to a boil, the cover tightly and let it simmer. Turn the heat down to low, and cook for about about an hour.
4. After an hour the broth should be thickened, and the potatoes should be soft or fork-tender. (If not cook until the potatoes are softer).
Serve your Dublin Coddle in a bowl with crusty bread on the side, and enjoy this hearty, Irish-inspired meal.