Skip to main content
  1. News
  2. Top News

iPhone starts student's pants on fire: Girl burned as smoke billows in classroom

See also

An iPhone went up in flames in a student’s pocket leaving her with second degree burns. According to “Fox and Friends” live on Monday, Feb. 3, the student was in class when smoke started billowing around her.

The unidentified 14-year-old student was in her first class of the day when a popping sound was heard. The girl knew something was wrong as smoke poured out of her pants and she was being burned. She dropped to the floor and rolled trying to put out the fire.

The school principal, Jeff Rodman, said they knew something was wrong as soon as they saw the smoke “billowing from around the student.” When the phone finally fell from her pocket, it was still smoldering.

Apple Insider reports on Feb. 3 that the fire officials believe the girl sitting on the phone caused it to short out. The girl had just received the new green iPhone 5c as a gift two months ago.

Advertisement

News

  • Jar-Jar is more popular than Congress
    A new poll shows Jar-Jar Binks is more popular than Congress
    Video
    Video
  • Missing girl found
    After 9 months of being missing, Abigail Hernandez is back with her family
    US News
  • Tree destroyed by beetles
    A tree meant to honor Beatle George Harrison has been destroyed by beetles
    Top News
  • Mystery flags on bridge
    Mysterious white flags have replaced the American ones on the Brooklyn Bridge
    New York
  • Weird Al album debut
    Weird Al's new album has officially debuted at no. 1
    Music
  • Broncos owner resigns
    Broncos owner Pat Bowlen has resigned due to Alzheimer's
    Sports

Related Videos: