In addition to the historical events and entertainment nuances shared among members of a generation virtually every generation has been shaped by new inventions. In the case of the builder generation there are many significant inventions that change the way they lived while growing up versus their parents.
Here is a list of some of the most notable inventions that had an impact on this generation:
- Aerosol can.
- Bubble gum (as opposed to chewing gum).
- Car radio.
- FM radio.
- Scotch tape (the brand in more of an impact than the base product, cellophane tape).
- Frozen vegetables (see video for facts about the healthiness of frozen vegetables).
- Tape recorder.
- Commercial airlines.
Each of these discoveries changed some aspect of life as their parents had known it. Life was made easier, healthier or more enjoyable as these inventions became mainstream.
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail