Life became much easier during the years that shaped the baby boomer generation as the inventions of the era tended to focus on health and lifestyle. At the forefront is the general acceptance of television. Although television had come into prominence as the first baby boomers we learning to walk the media did not take off until the buying of the boomers, or should we say the buying power as exercised by the boomers’ requests of their parents.
In addition to the influence of television baby boomers were also shaped by mass marketed toys, such as the Barbie doll, Slinky and hula hoop and by the many fast food chains established in their early years.
Boomers also learn how to dream as the Peace Corps began in America embarked on a journey that would lead it to putting the first man on the moon.
Here is a list of some of the inventions that helped shape baby boomers.
- Credit cards
- Barbie doll
- Polio vaccine
- Microwave oven
© Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail