As with any look at the Millennials, one must realize the generation is still in the shaping process. It is clear that technology will continue to evolve and mold generational members as new ideas are sprouting regularly. Major areas that are expected to contribute the most to the shaping of millennials is the way they listen to music, play games and watch television.
We have already seen the increase in cable networks. During the early days of cable television Nickelodeon was alone in the children’s sector and did not air programming after 9:00 in the evening. Now there are multiple networks offering programming geared specifically to infants, toddlers, juniors and teens. This has increased the ability to effectively market to this generation with new character marketing Nickelodeon, Disney, Sprout, Cartoon Network and others develop unique mascots.
Here are some of the inventions that are taking part in shaping this generation.
- Instant Messaging
- Translucent concrete
- Cable television networks
- Self-cleaning windows
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Learn more about today’s generations:
- Builders / Traditionalists, also known as the greatest generation, born before 1944
- Baby boomers, sometimes relabeled the sandwich generation, born between 1943 and 1964
- Generation X, born between 1961 and 1980
- Generation Y, sometimes referred to as the millennial generation, born between 1977 and 2000
- Millennials, sometimes referred to as generation Z, born after 1998
- “Generations at Work: Managing the Clash of Boomers, Gen Xers, and Gen Yers in the Workplace”
- “Because I Said So! ”: The Truth Behind the Myths, Tales, and Warnings Every Generation Passes Down to Its Kids.
- “When Generations Collide”: Who They Are. Why They Clash. How to Solve the Generational Puzzle at Work.
- More books about generations.
- For viewing: Thousands of vintage old television program and classic movies at Amazon Prime. Get a free trail