One of the great perks about being an eBay BUYER is that you have the chance to purchase your item from many different sellers. Thats why eBay SELLERS strive to make their feedback rating as high as possible. It’s no secret that the higher the rating you have, the more trust the buyer feels when purchasing an item from you. With everyone trying to have the best rating, what makes you stand out? You could be selling the same exact item that 20 other sellers are selling, and all of them may have 100 % feedback. There are a few things that I have pointed out before (e.g. having an eBay sale, more pictures, and a better template), but one thing that I have been testing with great success is having an Introductory Video on all your listings. This will build trust and make your listing stand out!
Adding a video is really easy, but what type of information do you want to add?
1. Make sure you introduce yourself with your name and your eBay store name if you have one.
2. Make the buyer feel comfortable by welcoming them, and build trust by telling them about how you put customers first.
3. Let them know that the product that they are buying is guaranteed to be accurately described.
4. Let them know what your return policy is.
5. End with thanking them for trusting you as a seller, and let them know that they wont be disappointed.
6. You want to make sure that your video is quick and too the point. You will want to use a well lit room, and make sure that the audio is clear. It does not have to be a production, but enough to show them that you are genuine, and that the buyer can trust you. A sample script may sound like this:
“Hello, my name is Tristen O’Brien and thank you for visiting the Frugal Tree. I wanted to let you know that our customer satisfaction is our number one goal, and the item you are bidding on is 100% accurately described. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, we offer a 30 day return policy for your convenience. We really appreciate your business, and thank you for checking out my listing.”
It can be that simple! This trust building video is what you need to push you to the next level, and get repeat customers! Do not lie in your video, so if you make a promise, then you better make sure that you can fulfill it. For an easy tutorial on how to add a video to your listing, check out this post HERE.