A retired officer of the Peruvian Navy, Armando Pazos immigrated to California in the 80s and became a U.S. citizen. Inspired by his passion for history, he began writing fantasy action/adventure for teens and adults in 2002. He is the author of three novels for teens — The Keymaster & the Music Box and The Ghost & the Sailor Chest, both fantasy/action-adventure stories for boys featuring Andy Logan, and a fairy tale, The Blind Princess. His historical fantasy/thriller for adults, Save JFK: A Mission thru Time, featuring time-traveling Secret Service agent Jack Randolph, is an e-book original on Amazon. The father to three children and a stepdaughter, he is married and now lives in New Jersey.
1. How did you come up with the title of your book?
Answer: Originally, the book had a different title, but my agent advised me to change it, so together, we came up with the actual title.
2. What is your writing environment like?
Answer: It isn’t the ideal, since sometimes I don’t have the peace and quiet that I need to focus.
3. What is your favorite quote? Why?
Answer: “My job is to protect the president and Kennedy is my president now, so I’ll protect him” This gave Jack the perfect reason for his accidental travel in time.
4. How has your upbringing influenced your writing?
Answer: I grew up listening to my parents and grandparents telling me all kind of stories; which definitely influenced in my writing
5. What inspires you to write?
Answer: I’ve been always very creative and had ideas for books, but didn’t hit me until I read the Count of Montecristo by Dumas.
6. What do you consider the most challenging part about writing a novel, or about writing in general?
Answer: develop the characters and link them in the right way with the plot in the story.
7. Did you learn anything while writing this book? If so, what was it?
Answer: Yes of course, during my research for the book, I learned many things surrounding President Kennedy assassination that stunned me.
8. What have you done to promote this book?
Answer: So far very little, only through my networks in Facebook and Linkedin.
9. What are some of the best tools available today for writers?
Answer: The internet is a great tool; you can do all your research there.
10. Is there anything else you would like to share?
Answer: I believe this book; even thought a fiction, present us with the amazing possibility of at least imagine if someone could travel in time and how hard is to try to change the past.