The Houston Family Examiner recently had an opportunity to talk to May Hamlin, mother to Derrick Coleman of the Seattle Seahawks about parenting, bullying special needs children, the importance of communication and their involvement in the Duracell commercial campaign "Trust Your Power."
First see the video on YouTube featuring Derrick Coleman and Vote for Trust Your Power on YouTube’s Adblitz. Please note, you will most likely need a tissue at some point during the video. Coleman is so honest and sincere about trusting the power within you don't even realize it's promoting a product. It's promoting being powerful.
Next, enjoy my video interview with his mother May Hamlin as she talks with me about:
- The best parenting advice she ever received.
- Dealing with bullies. She admits to have "knocked on a couple of doors" while Derrick was growing up.
- Helping her child who is hearing impaired achieve his goal of becoming an NFL football player.
- The importance of communicating with your children.
- How she, as a parent dealt with many of the obstacles put in Derrick's way as well as the humility and strength within her son.
- And, why they decided to participate in this particular project with Duracell.
Subscribe to the Houston Family Examiner and stay up to date on our other interviews with celebrities, cover hot topics in Houston and across the US as well as explore fun filled family activities.