Renowned fashion blogger, Chiara Ferragni of The Blonde Salad will launch her footwear collection at FN PLATFORM at MAGIC for its USA debut.
The fashionable globe-trotter recently chatted with MAGIC about her upcoming launch. Here is an excerpt of the interview courtesy of MAGIC
1. Describe your upcoming collections that will be debuting at MAGIC.
It will be the SS15 collection. It is composed by some of my iconic pieces and elements. It is very colorful and sparkling!
2. What is your favorite shoe from the collection?
It is really hard to say which is my favorite. But I can tell you that I can’t wait for the sneakers, the pointy heels and the food embroidery styles to be released in shops.
3. What was the design process like? Where did you get your inspiration?
I’m always very inspired from the places I visit and my experiences. As of now I live in US and I find myself totally lost in the American pop culture. I usually send inspirations to my design team while I’m traveling and then when I’m back I work closely with them, in every step of the creative work.
4. What are your favorite shoe trends at the moment? Any you wish would go away?
I love open boots and flat sandals, streetwear and double sole sneakers.
5. Why did you decide to debut your collection in the USA at MAGIC?
I think FN PLATFORM at MAGIC is the perfect frame for my collection.
6. Do you find any major differences between the European consumer vs. the American consumer?
Yes they have different approaches to the products. Americans are more open to new, emerging brands.
7. How did you name the different shoes? Do any of them have any sentimental value?
Not sentimental, they are named after pop culture areas I took inspiration from.
8. What's the oldest, most sentimental pair of shoes you own?
A very old Dr. Martens booties.
9. Who are some of your favorite bloggers?
Jessica Stein and Leandra Medine
10. What’s next for the Chiara Ferragni brand? Apparel, accessories?
Who knows! It would be very exciting!