International Tabletop Day is Saturday, April 5 -- an opportunity to celebrate all forms of tabletop games, including role-playing games. In recognition of this gaming holiday, retailers are offering special deals today only:
- Dungeon Crawl Classics, 13th Age, Numenera, Hero Kids and Savage World of Solomon Kane are 50% - 90% Off at DriveThruRPG.
- DriveThruRPG also features a huge Bundle of FREE PDFs including the World of Darkness Rulebook from White Wolf, Progenitors from Arc Dream, Firefly: Wedding Planners from Margaret Weis Productions, and more.
- King of Clubs, Regime, Pairs, Job Hunt and Champion are all 10% - 20% Off over at DriveThruCards.
- Judge Dredd Charity Bundle: Rebellion and Mongoose have teamed up to offer an amazing deal on Judge Dredd titles including Digital Comics and the RPG in support of the Hero Initiative charity. All for only $29.99, a savings of $42.77 (or 59% off the regular selling price) with $5 of every sale going directly to the Hero Initiative. Get the Bundle for only $29.99 here.
- Amazon.com's Gold Box Deal of the Day offers up to 45% on top-rated strategy board games.
- Noble Knight Games has its own sale.
- Board Game Geek has a list of digital versions of board games featured on Wil Wheaton's Tabletop series that you can play instantly.
International TableTop Day was born from Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day’s hugely popular TableTop web series on Geek & Sundry. In each episode, Wheaton and a rotating group of celebrity friends play a variety of games ranging from established classics to new indie publications. The show was an instant hit and is credited with reinvigorating the tabletop gaming industry, garnering a Diana Jones Award (an industry honor for “excellence in gaming”) in its first year. One retailer even dubbed the bump in sales as “The Wheaton Effect,” a boost corroborated by publishers such as Days of Wonder and Calliope Games.
Want more? Subscribe to this column; follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and the web; buy my books: The Evolution of Fantasy Role-Playing Games, The Well of Stars, and Awfully Familiar. Become an Examiner and get paid to write today!