When it comes to holidays, the past week sure has gotten off with quite a bang! Two non-traditional occasions, observed within a few days of each other, celebrate one of life’s more pleasurable activities. On the heels of National Orgasm Day, Aug 8 is International Female Orgasm Day, an annual occasion that celebrates the wondrous (and sometimes elusive) female orgasm.
International Day of the Female Orgasm
Councillor Arimateia Dantas wanted to do something very special for his wife to make up for sexual debt he owed her and boy, did he come up with quite the idea! The Brazilian councilman proclaimed an entire day dedicated to the female orgasm - Dia Internacional del Orgasmo Femenino, or International Female Orgasm Day or International Day of the Female Orgasm. Whatever you call it, Mrs. Dantas is one lucky gal – hand’s down!
According to Postiar, the global celebration is “intended to be a tribute to women who want to reach the peak of pleasure in the privacy.” And what woman (or man) doesn't want that?
Sexual Fantasies & Locations
Just in case you need a little help getting in the mood, check out the findings from a recent survey:
- 39 percent of those surveyed fantasize about having an orgasm on the beach
- 30 percent fantasize about having sex in a movie theater
- 28 percent fantasize about having an orgasm in an elevator
But did you know some of the steamiest sex for Americans happens in the home?
- 35 percent of those surveyed have had orgasms in the kitchen
- 54 percent in the shower.
What about those fantasies about public places?
- About 32 percent of those surveyed have fantasized about being a Mile High Club member (5 percent admitted to actually doing it on a plane)
- 28 percent would like to have one in the office
- 15 percent have fantasized about - the library! Ssshhh!
- 7 percent think about having an orgasm in church!
Whether you’re alone or with your significant other, celebrate the “Big O.”