Today I'm sharing an e-mail I received from Eric Proffitt:
Today is December 2.
The United Nations calls it, "The International Day for the Abolition of Slavery."
Why is Today important? Because Slavery Still Exists - most often in the name of Human Trafficking. It will continue to flourish until more people know that it's out there.
Today we tell the world that:
- There are millions of people enslaved in every corner of the globe.
- More than half of those people are Children.
- 8 of 10 modern-day slaves are Females.
- In the 21st century, Slaves are held not by chains but by fear.
- Human Trafficking is the second most profitable illicit trade in the world.
- The business of buying and selling people is surpassed only by the drug trade.
I'm forwarding this note to you in hopes that you will in turn send it to all your friends. Together we can protect children and bring freedom to those enslaved in our borders.
May God Bless you,
For more information: http://www.ericproffitt.com/ http://www.notforsalecampaign.org/