Heading to Hong Kong on business or pleasure this month? You might want to plan a stop at the InterContinental. The hotel is ushering Chinese New Year with fireworks and feasts plus amazing views of Victoria Harbor (which are free).
- In the Lobby Lounge--The Lobby Lounge provides panoramic views of the Harbor with live jazz music and, on February 1st from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., guests get a choice of two appetizers from a special menu with two standard drinks per person for HK$808 per adult.
- In the Yan Toh Heen restaurant--A traditional eight-course Chinese New Year Feast will be offered in the s Michelin starred restaurant featuring Cantonese cuisine by Executive Chef Lau Yiu Fai on February 1st. The Firework Dinner menu includes golden lobster with spicy salt and barbecued suckling pig, double boiled sea cucumber with fish maw and more.
- Custom Creations with Chef Lau Yiu Fai--Chef Lau Yiu Fai will be preparing Chinese New Year Pudding made with the finest ingredients. Select from savory kagoshima thick cut daikon pudding or New Year pudding with red beans served with okinawa kokuto syrup . You will also have a chance to learn to make Chinese New Year kagoshima daikon pudding and peanut & sesame dumplings on) January 25th from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- SPOON by Alain Ducasse--Master Chef Philippe Duc is creating a six-course Fireworks menu with a wine pairing option that includes a lightly spicy langoustine soup, followed by steamed goose foie gras with peppered mango sauce. A refreshing mandarin and Clementine sorbet is served before the dessert - a delicate chocolate palet.
- NOBU’s Japanese Innovations--A feast for eyes and taste buds happens here with an innovative new-style Japanese cuisine presented in eight courses created Chef Oyvind Naesheim 7 p.m.to 11 p.m. The menu starts with koubako-gani and continues with seabass “Ying Yang” with black yuzu egg sauce and white balsamic sauce. For dessert, a pumpkin jello with black bean ice cream and raspberry sorbet.
For restaurant reservations call +852 2313-2323 or e-mail: email@example.com.