Learning to be a networking pro with and from others, I have discovered countless helpful networking tips. From these there are key tips that are universal to the most successful people.
- Be consistent- regularly interact with colleagues and new connections (phone calls, social media, email, meet ups)
- Be authentic- (be honest and open when sharing, to ensure others know and understand you and your product/service)
- Be supportive and helpful towards others, express appreciation (promoting others, trying their products/services, assisting them in their journey is relationship building)
- Be clear in your communication about your product and services (have your pitch ready at all times and keep it short and effective when sharing)
- Regularly seek feedback when networking with others (ask others if they have questions about your product/service and ask for suggestions of areas of improvement of your product/service)
- Keep it simple (do not overwhelm others with too much information)
- Regularly seek opportunities to network with new groups and people at events, activities and meetings
- Be creative in your networking approach (think outside the box when it comes to marketing materials, your pitch to others and effective ways to follow up/connect)
- Share your biz story (how you got started, obstacles you have overcome and your successes)
- Learn about those you are networking with (practice reflective listening and ask open ended questions)
- BONUS! Be inspiring! “There are only two ways to influence human behavior: you can manipulate it or you can inspire it.” - Simon Sinek
When you put these tips into action you will notice positive results! The outcomes are solid relationships and building a good support network while being a successful connector.
Share your top networking tips in the comments... and don’t forget a link to your business so those reading can connect with you and learn more about you, your product and services.