The 118th Boston Marathon will be April 21, 2014. Runners from around the world including Jacksonville will be getting into the athletic spirit the Boston Marathon brings. Some from Jacksonville will be taking part in this years event travelling to Boston later this Spring. From novice to expert runners will be training for their own races, cheering for favorites and celebrating the success of those who complete the race.
In Jacksonville a newbie runner can begin with the Jacksonville Galloway Training Program. This program is from beginner to Boston Marathoners . This program begins in July and is a 7-8 week course.
There are several running events in the Jacksonville area this Spring.
- Tour de Pain Extreme- March 29-30 2014 this race is designed for runners to run 3 different races in a 24 hour period. If you can’t run all three no worries you are welcome to sign up for which ever race you choose. The race takes place at the Jacksonville Landing.
- Color Me RAD 5K - This race is also on March 29th. Late registration is through March 21st so you better get on it if this one interest you.
- Flavor Run - April 5th, 2014 this is a family 5K and adds a little twist to your color run by adding flavor.
- Queen’s Harbour Run Rabbit Run - April 19, 2014 this race has both a 5K and 10K option. The course is Queen’s Harbour.
- Fort Clinch 100 - Yes, you read 100 right. This race will take place completely in Fort Clinch State Park at the Northern end of Amelia Island on April 26, 2014. This race is all about endurance. Good Luck and good for you if this one is yours.
For more races in our area visit Running in the USA . Grab your running shoes and get started on that racing dream.