At the Infusionsoft (www.infusionsoft.com) sponsored ICON14 at the Phoenix Convention Center company CMO Greg Head laid out a “secret” that can help improve a small businesses marketing. He began by laying out some of the challenges small businesses face:
· Last year’s tactics to get leads and increase revenue don’t work this year.
· New things suggested by marketing personnel and consultants aren’t cutting it to bring in new revenues.
· The new sales staff is not as adept at selling the business and closing sales as the owner is.
· The business keeps changing products, marketing tactics and sales pitches trying to find the magic mix that will move the business out of survival mode.
Head brings a wealth of experience and success to Infusionsoft’s marketing programs. He responded to the reasons why Infusionsoft has become such a well-known technology brand in a relatively short period of time. “We have improved our website design, landing page conversion, email marketing, SEO, educational content creation and other tactics, something everyone can do,” states Head. “What we do well is the strategic discipline under our marketing execution that makes everything we do get better and better each year.”
Head lays out how to answer the following issues:
· How to define the target market to focus resources and grow faster.
· What is the biggest thing customers want delivered with excellence.
· What is your competition and why your product is different and better.
· How to describe your services so people get it without a long sales pitch.
· How can people remember your story and pass it on to others.