The company of gpac located in Rockford, IL has an opening that is in manufacturing, as a full time position. The Industrial Engineer plans, leads, organizes and controls activities of the manufacturing process functions which include process development.
This individual will be expected to provide recommendations to the Maintenance and Plant Managers for long range facility planning. The Industiral Engineer would be responsible for stategic planning for the growth of the business and increased profitability as the two essential concepts for the Industrial Engineer.
The company has been around for 75+ years and can offer employees an excelllent work environment along with stability. They are a industry leading manufacturing company, that is known throughout the world. They offer a reliable, award winning product.
- Responsible for defining, documenting and training of the standard work for each key process.
- Conduct cost comparison studies; analyze work force utilization, and operational data such as production costs and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Drive methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, and purchase of equipment.
- Lead new developments that would improve production and/or quality and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Process all necessary documentation and maintain records of studies and recommendations for improvements.
- Analyze data, identify problem areas, and assist in resolving manufacturing processes or methods that affect safety, quality, production and delivery.
- Develop production standards; performs studies using techniques to determine equipment through out put. Measure variances to standards, identify out of control variances, investigate reasons, suggest solutions, install and follow up.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment such as steel, paper, aluminum or mining, with three years of Hot Rolling experience.
- Knowledge of Lean six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Previous experience as a team leader is required.
The company offers an extremely competitive salary plus lucrative bonuses and benefits.
If you have the qualifications that is outlined and would like to apply, you can call (605) - 978 - 5476 to further inquire about how to apply for the position of Industrial Engineer in Rockford, IL.