We have one word for you: Chocolate. High in antioxidants, this blissful treat is ideal for an occasional indulgence. The trick to making it healthy: Go with dark chocolate either on its own or mixed into a dessert made with good-for-you ingredients. And we've got the dish on the ideal indulgence: Vegan Robin Quivers' Chocolate Coconut Mousse!
What's special about this recipe: You get full chocolate flavor with almond joy. Add in coconut and you have a winner. Robin recently appeared on Dr. Mehmet Oz's talk show to discuss her battle with cancer and new book: "The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life" (click for details).
The vegan recipe below makes 10 servings. Get more recipes from Robin by clicking here to get her cookbook "The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life."
Robin Quivers' Chocolate Coconut Mousse Ingredients
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp almond milk (Recommended: Silk Pure Almond Vanilla - click for details)
- 8 oz good dark chocolate, chopped (Recommended: Ghirardelli Chocolate Intense Dark Bar, Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao Bar - click for details)
- 8 oz silken tofu (Recommended: Morinu Soft Tofu, Silken - click for details)
- 1 (15-oz) can coconut milk (Recommended: Thai Kitchen Organic Coconut Milk - click for details)
- In a small pot, warm the almond milk over medium heat until it begins to steam. Remove the pot from the fire and add the dark chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate until it has melted. If necessary, return the pot to the fire to help it along. Once melted, allow it to cool slightly.
- Add the milk mixture, tofu and coconut milk to a blender and process until it is smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl or serving glasses and chill for 3 to 4 hours, until set.