Today Extra-Casting.com is reporting that Pathos Films and Jastrow Productions are now set to begin shooting the indie feature film "The Squeeze" on October 18th in Wilmington, NC. The six-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated casting director, Mary Jo Slater, has been auditioning actors in Los Angeles for starring and co-starring roles. Additional principal actor casting has been taking place in Wilmington by Fincannon & Associates. Now the extras casting director in Wilmington is sending out casting calls for some small speaking roles, featured background actors, and general extras.
Starring in "The Squeeze" is Young Artist Awards winner Jeremy Sumpter playing the lead role of Augie. Sumpter is a quickly rising star whose credits include the role of J.D. McCoy in the NBC series "Friday Night Lights," the title role in Universal Pictures 2003 feature film "Peter Pan," and the TriStar Pictures feature film "Soul Surfer". He also has three feature films in post-production, and three films in pre-production. Also starring in "The Squeeze" is Daytime Emmy Awards nominee Michael Nouri playing mobster Jimmy Diamonds, and actor Christopher McDonald has been cast as Riverboat.
Primetime Emmy Award winner Terry Jastrow will direct "The Squeeze" from an original screenplay that he wrote himself. Jastrow's beautiful and talented Academy Award nominated wife Anne Archer is co-producing with him under the banner of their production company Jastrow Productions. Terry Jastrow has a deep love for the sport of golf. He was Texas State Junior Golf Champion in 1966, attended University of Houston on a golf scholarship, and is a Member of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame. Also producing "The Squeeze" is Tommy Ardolino and George Parra of Pathos Films, long time Tom Cruise assistant and associate producer Michael Doven, Brian McCormack, and Jenny Hinkey.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
All talent including minors and foreign actors/extra must be legally eligible to work in the state of North Carolina and in the United States.
The 2013 North Carolina Actors Resource Guide eBook comes with free quarterly updates and includes the following information and documents for adults, minors, and foreign talent who would like to work as an actor or extra on film and television productions in North Carolina and the United States:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• North Carolina Child Performer Labor Law Information
• North Carolina Youth Employment Certificate Instructions
• North Carolina Youth Approval To Work Late Hours Form
• North Carolina Minor Intention To Employ Form
• North Carolina Dept. of Labor Rules and Regulations Relative to Employment of Children under 16 Years of Age.
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
• Links for Child Labor Information
In addition to the following North Carolina Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• North Carolina Casting Directors List
• North Carolina Extras Casting Directors List
• North Carolina Talent Agents List
• North Carolina Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• North Carolina Headshot Photographers List
• Headshot Mass Printing Photo Labs
• Miscellaneous North Carolina Resources
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• General Talent Agent Information
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• PDF Users Guide
The 2013 Actors Resource Guide eBooks are available here.