Schrader, Fischer & Boehne Stove Co was founded in 1881 at the corner of Illinois St and Seventh Ave. The company officially incorporated in 1887 as Indiana Stove Works. Their claim to fame were Darling stoves.
The growing company expanded and by about 1920 consumed the entire block of Indiana-Sixth-Illinois and Seventh Ave.
The company would abandon the plant in 1926, but Craddock Furniture moved in in 1936. At some point Craddock specialized in finishing and just became Craddock Finishing. They have now operated at this site for 77 years.
This is one of several old building featured on the upcoming walking tour departing from Tin Man Brewing Co. Join us Oct 17 by checking here for more details