Indiana republican primary senate race recap and endorsement

This somewhat creepy photo aside, Dan Coats has my vote for the Republican Senate nomination.
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press. Thanks Associated Press!

• Seth 5 years ago

So your endorsement boils down to "I trust Coats to bomb Iran?" How much taxpayer money are you willing to spend on that war, Mr. "Conservative"?

• Matt 5 years ago

Coats is a former Karl Rove protege..we have enough of the hawkish types already. Was happy to cast my vote for Hostettler.

• bob 5 years ago

coats is evil. you are stupid. yeah - internet comments. (and yes, I'm serious. coats is no good and you, well... teh stupid!).

• RSBL 5 years ago

I wonder if any of your questions contained the most important question? Are you going to uphold the constitution as the oath states, or are you a special interest traitor? Did you ask that? This is why as soon as they get into office, they ignore the constitution, because no one holds their feet to the fire, then you all act suprised when they stiff you and the promises they made to get idiots to vote for them. The constitution question should be the only question needed to be asked. This is our country, not a mcdonalds where everyone is trying to order their version of a happy meal for themslves. Rights first, your greedy little wants last. I guess no one likes freedom anymore, they should move to China since that is where they are trying to head us. If I wanted to live like that, I would move, but I like freedom, and the time of the hour is almost upon us as they keep pushing us into a corner and trying to strip us of everything.

• RSBL 5 years ago

Did you also remind him he is a SERVANT when elected? Did you remind them that they dont get elected to do whatever they want? They get elected to REPRESENT, that means they do NOTHING until we the people say to do something...they always seem to have an agenda, and we the people are not the authors of that agenda.

• Indy Conservative Examiner 5 years ago

How many lives are you willing to lose to save money on defense spending?
    We saved a lot of money not doing anything during the 90's, were the 3,000 lives lost worth it to you?

• Indy Conservative Examiner 5 years ago

You know, whenever I write an article critical of isolationist libertarian views, I am attacked with more ignorant and hateful remarks than the liberals ever do.

Some of you really love to show your asses and make everyone on the right look bad as a result.

Go ahead, continue posting ridiculous comments and name calling.

I wish Examiner made you use your real name so you couldn't hide anonymity like cowards.

• Seth 5 years ago

Indy Conservative Examiner,

What exactly would you have spent money on to prevent 9/11?

You give Coats a pass on issues like Gun Control, immigration, Judicial nominee votes, and spending. What about TARP and the Obama Stimulus? That's a lot to overlook.

• Malthus 5 years ago

Coats is a National Security Liberal, that's why I couldn't support him.

Funny how 95% of conservatives are completely oblivious to the fact they support a progressive, neo-liberal foreign policy.

I blame the media, and video-games. :p

• Brad 5 years ago

This author is totally wrong on Hostettler's non-interventionist foreign policy.

Saddam was not a threat. The American people were summarily lied to to get us into that war, and now a stubborn faction of neo-con klingons continue to espouse a flase narrative that has poisoned our way of life and brought us dangerously close to totalitarianism.

The Republican Party of Indiana has lost not only my vote, but I'm sure a lot of disillusioned libertarian votes with the nomination of Coats. I'd rather let Ellsworth win and see the whole house of cards come crashing down than follow along with this foolish foreign policy of nation-building any longer.

This is the issue that will kill the Republican Party. At this point, I'm approaching the point of saying "good riddence."

• Brad 5 years ago

PS: In case you think I'm hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, my name is Brad Linzy and I live in Evansville. And yes, I believe in a foreign policy of non-intervention...just like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Grover Cleveland did.

The minute the Republican Party unplugs from the hysteria machine that a war 5000 miles away against an "army" of peasants huts and caves is a good idea, the better we'll all be.

• Indy Conservative Examiner 5 years ago

Yeah Brad, because NOTHING that happens 5,000 miles away can possibly hurt us.

Global interdependence and economic overlap has changed the world. When our Founding Fathers were alive they could not have envisioned a world where so much here can depend on happenings so far away, not to mention the ease with which someone thousands of miles away can shed American blood.

Lets shut off the middle eastern oil supply and learn a lesson about the consequences of inaction. Our economy would ground to a halt and Americans would starve to death.

And let us NOT forget than Saddam was funding terrorism.

Just because something is not affecting life at your doorstep does not make it irrelevant.

I pray that your ignorance and hyperbole is not too widespread in the libertarian movement.

Saying "I didn't get my way, so I hope it all goes to hell," is childish and immature, Brad Linzy from Evansville.

• thedawg 5 years ago

Has anyone forgotten that conservative GOP members 8 years ago lied to us to go into war, then lied more to invade another country? They in turn borrowed BILLIONS of $$ to fund these wars. THEN signed a "stimulus" plan that gave everyone $250 and gave the top 10% incomes the largest tax break in history. And you want us to vote another one of these wing-nuts BACK in??? We are in the closest thing to another depression as the great one. It wasn't Obama that started this fiasco it was BUSH, These GOP members borrowed from China over a Trillion dollars and yet it's Obama's folks believe that and I've got a really good bridge right outside of NY I'll be willing to sell ya REAL cheap!

• RSBL 5 years ago

If the constitution is upheld, everything will be fine.

The Dan coats are coming, the Dan coats are, I just had to say that.