Skip to main content
  1. Sports
  2. General Sports

India vs. New Zealand 2014 cricket live streaming 1st Test series Day 1

See also

The India vs. New Zealand 2014 cricket live stream and televised 1st Test series begins on Wednesday evening for United States viewers. The matchup arrives after New Zealand defeated India in their recent One Day International series, with India having trouble getting any victories out of the five meetings. While the best India could do was a tie, they'll now attempt to win in New Zealand in this new format. The latest televised and 2014 cricket live streaming series will be presented via ESPN sources and Willow TV.

A Feb. 5 report via ESPN Cric Info notes that the 1st Test series will take place in Auckland and the host team will have the edge at “one of the more oddly shaped grounds in cricket.” It’s also been noted that in a previous test series with South Africa, India put up an amazing battle, right after losing an ODI series to that side that looked worse for India than their recent matchup with New Zealand. Since 2011, New Zealand has won just three home Test series since 2011, and will look to add a fourth if they can take down India once again.

One player who will need to step up if India wants a chance at redemption in this series is Virat Kohli. He was instrumental in the test series mentioned where India gave a tough test to South Africa, helping to motivate the rest of the squad. MS Dhoni will continue to lead as captain with a team that includes M Vijay, Rohit Sharma, Dhoni and Mohammed Shami in the lineup. As for New Zealand, Ross Taylor will be key as the team’s enforcer, and has the potential to limit India’s scoring opportunities. Taylor will be joined by Tim Southee, Neil Wagner, and captain Brendon McCullum, among others in the lineup.

McCullum said with regards to his bowlers heading into this series:

"Bowlers are going pretty good at the moment. They are bowling well in partnerships. They are getting the ball to swing in the air, they are also pretty hostile when they get the chance to bowl at the tail. The way our seamers have been operating has been one of the most pleasing aspects of our Test game this summer."

As for weather, it’s looking problematic for the series, with rain showers forecasted for Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Auckland. Today’s forecast indicates a hight of 72 degrees and a low of 63 degrees with a 10% chance of precipitation, while tomorrow the chances increase to 90% making for wet conditions. Currently, odds makers favor New Zealand just slightly at 3/1, while the underdogs are set at 7/2 odds to win. A draw is currently set at 8/13 odds.

Wednesday's India vs. New Zealand 2014 1st Test series will mark Day 1 of the matchup, with a scheduled start time of 4:50 p.m. Eastern Standard Time for United States viewers. The series will be presented live streaming online via the WatchESPN/ESPN3 broadband sports network. See more info here on how to watch online, as well as any restrictions. In addition, cable and satellite viewers who subscribe to Willow TV cricket packages can watch this game on the appropriate pay-per-view channel(s) and on mobile devices per their subscription. See more info here.

Advertisement

Sports

  • David Moyes is fired by Manchester United, providing only a 10 month stint with the club
    Video
    Watch Video
  • These NBA dancers will certainly take some attention away from the playoff action
    Camera
    20 Dancers
  • Minnesota's Matt Cooke could get suspended for his hit on Tyson Barrie
    NHL
  • The Bengals extend A.J. Green's contract through the 2015 season
    NFL
  • All eyes were on Bryce Harper and Mike Trout as the Angels beat the Nats
    MLB
  • The first round of NBA Playoff action is in full swing, keep up with all the latest updates
    NBA

User login

Log in
Sign in with your email and password. Or reset your password.
Write for us
Interested in becoming an Examiner and sharing your experience and passion? We're always looking for quality writers. Find out more about Examiner.com and apply today!