A Portland wedding is almost certain to include a number of out-of-town guests. What to do with them when they're not at one of the official wedding activities or events? This video highlights the Top 5 Travel Attractions for a Portland wedding, and here are ideas on how you can incorporate each one:
- Downtown: Portland's city center is well-planned and walkable, and you want to give your guests the best way to experience a bit of it all. Suggestions: set up your hotel rooms in the vibrant city center and choose locations that have lots of restaurants and shopping right at your guests' doorstep, such as Embassy Suites Downtown, The Nines, The Benson, and Courtyard by Marriott City Center.
- Japanese Garden: A wonderful afternoon day trip for guests and easily reachable by Portland MAX light rail. Why not include a couple of tickets in with your guests' welcome amenity when they arrive at the hotel?
- City Hall: Portland's seat of government is a cool building, but not much going on the weekends during wedding season. However, did you know the venue itself is beautiful and bookable for weddings and events? You can contact the City Facilities office for more information about using City Hall as part of your Portland event.
- Oregon Zoo: The Oregon Zoo is a top attraction in Portland and a worthwhile addition to your guest "Things To Do" list or wedding website. Like City Hall -- the Oregon Zoo also includes private rental space for an out-of-towner mixer, rehearsal dinner, or even the wedding reception itself.
- Mount Hood: One hour away from Portland, Mount Hood is great for an out-of-towner activity or chartered day trip. There are also many wedding venues in the area, such as Mt Hood Organic Farms, Mt Hood Bed and Breakfast, or Timberline Lodge. In the summertime, Ski Bowl offers a combination of amusement-park atmosphere and outdoor activities such as horseback riding or hiking.
If you're having guests who have never been to Portland before, they'll appreciate your including some of the top 5 travel attractions in your wedding so they can get the full Portland, Oregon experience.