If your private company has grown in the past few years, it has a unique opportunity to receive national recognition through Inc. magazine's Inc.500|5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America. The competition honors businesses of all sizes.
The application fee is $125. The deadline to apply is April 30, 2013.
Companies on the list will be ranked according to the percentage growth of their annual revenue over a three-year period. To assess this, the magazine will ask for your 2009 and 2012 revenues. This gives them a three-year growth period, using 2009 as a base year for growth.
The list is a distinguished editorial award, a celebration of innovation, a network of entrepreneurial leaders, and an effective public relations showcase. All honoree companies are individually profiled on Inc.com. The top 500 are featured in the September issue of Inc. magazine.
According to the magazine, the benefits of making it on the list include:
- National, local, and industry recognition
- Media exposure via national, local, and industry/trade outlets -- in past years, the Inc. 500|5000 list has received over 25 million media impressions
- Personal validation for your employees
- Public acknowledgment for company-wide success despite the recession
- An exclusive Inc. 500|5000 community of private companies
- New leadership opportunities, e.g. by hosting a local Inc. event
- Increased visibility to the Inc. editorial staff
- Local private company Inc. event invitations
- Celebration and learning at the Inc. 500|5000 Conference and Awards Ceremony
- Exclusive, cutting-edge private company research on growth patterns and strategies
- Shared business insights, resources and best practices
- Eligibility for a complimentary analysis of your company's growth potential by our CEO Project experts
- Traffic to your Inc.com profile (The profile pages of 2009's Inc. 500|5000 honorees received nearly 200,000 visits collectively during the months of August and September)
- Recruiting tools
- New sales and partnership opportunities through high-quality networking
All of the following must be true of your company in order to qualify for the 2013 Inc. 500|5000. Your company must:
- Have generated revenue by March 31, 2009
- Have generated at least $100,000 in revenue in 2009
- Have generated at least $2 million in revenue in 2012
- Be privately held, for profit; based in the U.S., and independent (not a subsidiary or division of another company).