Folks all over the Los Angeles area enjoy the festivities that surround the Tournament of Roses, and are eager to share some of their favorite spots with out-of-town visitors. We received this list from the people at Caruso Affiliated, owners of The Grove in Los Angeles and The Americana at Brand in Glendale.
Whatever you enjoy, there’s sure to be something on the list that will pique your interest. We’ve also added some links in the sidebar to other attractions in the area. This just scratches the surface of all there is to do in LA, but it’s a good start for your stay.
SEE some great art
- The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens www.huntington.org
- Norton Simon Museum www.nortonsimon.org
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art www.lacma.org
EXPERIENCE breathtaking views of Los Angeles and great hiking trails
- Griffith Park www.laparks.org/dos/parks/griffithpk
- Griffith Park Observatory www.griffithobs.org
- Beaudry Loop http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx?trailid=XMR013-223
- Runyon Canyon www.laparks.org/dos/parks/facility/runyoncanyonpk.htm
SHOP at award winning shopping centers
EXPLORE Los Angeles’ historic downtown visiting Olvera Street, Chinatown, and the Arts District www.downtownla.com
DINE (and drink) at local hot-spots including
- GreenStreet Restaurant (Pasadena) greenstreetrestaurant.com
- Recess Eatery (Glendale) recesseatery.com
- DinTai Fung (Glendale @ The Americana) dintaifungusa.com
- Bottega Louie (Downtown LA) bottegalouie.com
FOR THE FAMILY
- Greater Los Angeles Zoo www.lazoo.org
- Kids Space Museum www.kidspacemuseum.org
- Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pits www.tarpits.org (right next door to the LA County Museum of Art)
- The Ferris Wheel at the Santa Monica Pier http://santamonicapier.org/
Like this story?
Columnists are not notified of comments via Disqus, so if you have a question or would like a reply to your comment, please post on Facebook at All Things Rose Parade or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to Tournament of Roses Examiner by clicking the "Subscribe" link for the latest news and for upcoming announcements.