Today is the final day of Kwanzaa (Imani – Faith), the first day of the new year 2014, and the first new moon of 2014. That's a lot of magnetic-electro energy; expression of hope for the future, fresh starts built on new perspectives; energy we don't see, but can sense and know that it is real. So, I’m going to present my list of what to do on such an auspiciously powerful day to take advantage of this energy:
1. Wake Up! and take a deep breath – don’t just get up, take a moment to contemplate YOU;
2. Read a book that is spiritually uplifting – if it makes you smile or cry, it's all the same;
3. Give alms to the poor – to whom much is given, much is expected;
4. Announce your goals - by laying out your plan;
5. Clean up your act – your negative (negating the positive) attitude;
6. Check your ego – it’s your responsibility; and finally,
7. Say “Thank You!” – out loud.
Life is a wonderful thing. There is beauty all around us, but the most beautiful part of it all is US. We are the creators, the willers, the blessers and the cursers. We create our own realities in our mind, and we affect other people and nature around us with our word (breath). Yes, in the beginning was the word, sound vibrations riding on a wave of melanin (oh, excuse me, “dark matter”). Our destiny is created every minute we are alive, everything we do, every word we speak, every step we take goes into creating our future, individually and collectively.
We don’t need stuff, we need spirit. We don’t need a career, we need to fulfill our purpose. We don’t need to be entertained we need to learn who we are, where we came from, and where we have the potential to go. We don’t need to be treated like mindless children by corporations, we need a government that values human life over money and will protect the people that they “took an oath before God and Man” to serve.
We have all wasted enough time and energy on child-like attitudes, values, and beliefs. Don’t you want to know the truth, just the simple truth? Then be the truth, speak the truth, and stand up for truth! You’re not a machine yet, and the most important part of who you are – YOUR SPIRIT/ENERGY (you know that stuff that keeps your heart or brain going, also known to some as the essence of life – go figure!) IS ETERNAL. Peace!