“Baby, it’s cold outside!”
Located in the upper Midwest, Omaha is no stranger to the ever-frequent snow day. Kids of Omaha rejoice, and many parents loath at the notice of school closures (driving in snow and ice is no fun). If indeed you are one those lucky few getting to enjoy the glittery, white flakes, here are some of the great ways to enjoy your day (or days) off.
Get out in the snow
- Do some of the typical snow activities. Make a snowman or make snow angels.
- Go sledding. Great places to go include:
- Offer to car scrape windows.
- Offer to shovel and salt driveways and sidewalks.
Learn something new
- Find a new hobby that you can do at home. Examples: scrapbooking, calligraphy, computer programming, writing, and crafting arts.
- Use the Internet to take up music or art appreciation. Wikipedia and Youtube are good places to start. Examples: Jazz, Art Deco.
- Turn on your TV to the local NETV or IPTV channels.
- Have Netflix? How about watching a documentary or an old musical?
- Read a classic. There are tons of free books on Amazon or Project Gutenberg. Many of the old-time favorites are available.
- Organize your movies. Have an IOS device? Use an app to collect your titles by scanning the barcode.
- Clean and organize.
Just have some fun
- Learn a new game. How about “Logical Fallacy Bingo”?
- Play board or card games that you haven’t played in a while. Make a twist. Have a tournament.
- Have kids? Create and perform in a play. Act out favorite movie scents. Play make pretend.
All in all, relax and enjoy your time off.