Of course, there are no studies in how nutrition can be used to treat PTSD, because where’s the money. What company is going to get rich advertising simple nutritional methods? Folks! There’s no money! But, there is when it comes to manufacturing psychotropic drugs! Dangerous drugs, but definitely a fat, money-maker!
- It has been suggested to eliminate potential food allergens, such as dairy, wheat (gluten), corn, soy, preservatives, and food additives.
- One should eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes), and vegetables (such as kale, spinach, and bell peppers).
- Avoid refined foods, such as white breads, pastas, and sugar.
- Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, or beans for protein.
- Use healthy cooking oils, such as olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Reduce or eliminate trans-fatty acids, found in commercially-baked goods such as cookies, crackers, cakes, and donuts.
- Avoid coffee and other stimulants, alcohol and tobacco.
- Drink 6 – 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
- Exercise lightly, if possible, 5 days a week.
In tribute of our military: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1QYEdU_bYU
This original song, “Fearless Heroes,” was written during the Persian Gulf War. The song was recorded on stage at the National School of Military Music in Virginia Beach, Virginia.