Bob Dylan played Berlin's Citadel Music Festival earlier today, and dug up a song he hasn't performed in years, "She Belongs To Me." The composition first appeared on Dylan's 1965 album, Bringing It All Back Home. According to His Bobness, there are 227 chronicled live Dylan performances of this song, and the last time was on September 6, 2008.
Below is tonight's set list, courtesy of Bob Links:
Citadel Music Festival
July 2, 2012
1. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
2. It Ain't Me, Babe
3. Things Have Changed
4. Tangled Up In Blue
5. Cry A While
6. She Belongs To Me
7. Love Sick (Bob on grand piano)
8. The Levee's Gonna Break (Bob on grand piano)
9. High Water (For Charley Patton) (Bob on grand piano)
10. Desolation Row (Bob on grand piano)
11. Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on grand piano)
12. Simple Twist Of Fate
13. Thunder On The Mountain (Bob on grand piano)
14. Ballad Of A Thin Man
15. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on grand piano)
16. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on grand piano)
17. (Encore) Blowin' In The Wind (Bob on grand piano)
Tour premieres of "Blowin’ In The Wind," "Desolation Row," "It Ain’t Me, Babe," "The Levee’s Gonna Break," "She Belongs To Me," and "Simple Twist Of Fate." Dropped were "Ballad Of Hollis Brown," "Can’t Wait," "Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall," "It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue," and "Spirit On The Water." At recent shows, Dylan usually played "Hollis Brown,""Hard Rain," and "The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll" all at the same gig, but broke the tradition in Kent, England.
As you can see, Dylan played the grand piano on nine of the 17 selections in Berlin. Interestingly, according to Bob Links, Dylan played the grand piano on "High Water (For Charley Patton)" in Berlin, but not at Hop Farm.
For more details, and reviews, please visit Bob Links.
Keep up with Bob Dylan Examiner news. Just click on Subscribe above, or follow @DylanExaminer on Twitter. Thanks for your support.