The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) has announced the inaugural 2014 schedule for the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. The new series is a hybrid of the GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series and the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patron.
In addition to the 2014 schedule, two pre-season tests were announced: November 16th and 17th at Sebring International Raceway and November 19th and 20th at Daytona International Speedway. The test sessions will feature all four classes of cars that will compete in the new series: Prototype, Prototype Challenge, GT Le Mans and GT Daytona.
The 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship schedule:
· January 25th and 26th – Daytona International Speedway
· March 15th – Sebring International Raceway
· April 12th – Long Beach Street Circuit
· May 4th – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
· May 31st – Detroit Belle Isle
· June 29th – Watkins Glen International
· July 13th – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
· July 25th – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
· August 10th – Road America
· August 24th – Virginia International Raceway
· September 20th – Circuit of The Americas
· October 4th – Road Atlanta
More information on the series can currently be found at www.grand-am.com.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com