Some industry analysts predict, light sport aircraft (LSA) category is the fastest growing future of the general aviation. There is a wide variety of LSA airplanes on the market. Some very impressive models start around $70,000 - a very modest price tag in the aviation industry. One of them is the Apollo LSA by Silverlight Aviation in Florida.
Here is the summary of this interesting small airplane:
- Factory built, completed and test-flown per ASTM LSA requirements
- Flies with much less use of rudder pedals than other renditions of the Avid Flyer / Fox design in LSA.
- Night VFR flights possible with properly equipped airplane for private and higher pilots
- Aircraft grade wiring harness with push-pull circuit breakers to isolate everything
- Quick-fold wings fold in about 10 to 12 minutes with simple tools by one person
- One piece turtle deck means no water leakage into that area unlike other model renditions
- AN hardware on all exposed structural components with some metric hardware in engine compartment, etc., for easier access to better hardware
- High visibility with heavy-duty, clear lexan gull doors, cockpit top and skylights
- Sensenich composite prop with nickel leading edge protection, made for Rotax 912 Series Engines
- Intuitive tube and fabric construction that is familiar to most mechanics
- Great performance and docile handling with light pressure, yet positive
- Optional 2-axis auto-pilot available at a great price
The manufacturer offers a complete information on their web site.