Little Miss Happy is an adorable 10-week-old puppy who is currently impounded at a busy, high-intake animal control facility in San Bernardino, Calif.
At the facility, this impossibly cute terrier mix puppy is known only by her identification number which is A470196. According to the pup's Petharbor profile, she has been at the facility since July 31 and she will be off of her stray hold tomorrow, August 7.
An animal control facility is no place for a young puppy - this precious girl should be enjoying fierce sessions of play, followed by long periods of snuggles and rest. It is hard for some people to imagine that adorable puppies like this can find themselves without a home - but each day, in cities across the nation, homelessness for dogs of all ages is a sad reality.
At the writing of this article, over 180 dogs were impounded at this one facility...a staggering number who need to be rescued or adopted. Families who are hoping to add a puppy to their home should consider their local animal control or area rescue agencies - puppies like Happy are out there waiting.
Information for this puppy:
- Petharbor link here
- Female, tan and white Terrier mix. Shelter staff think I am about 10 weeks old. I have been at the shelter since Jul 31, 2014.
- If you are my owner, you must physically come to the shelter to claim me. We are located at 333 Chandler Place, San Bernardino, CA 92408. Our Lost & Found hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am to 5 pm.
- If I am not claimed, after my stray holding period, I may be available for adoption on Aug 07, 2014.
- San Bernardino City Animal Control at (909) 384-1304
- Facebook thread here and here
If you would like to continue receiving the latest dog-related news, tips and advice, please click the word "Subscribe," near the top of the article. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter for more stories and updates.