Unfortunately, given the current state of relationships, the odds are very high that sooner or later you, or someone you know will have to deal with the issue of infidelity.
Below are several very important things about signs of infidelity everyone should know.
1. There are two types of infidelity signs – obvious signs and subtle signs. Most signs apply to both cheating women and cheating men. The obvious signs of infidelity- - the so called top 10 signs of infidelity - are usually the first signs a cheater will attempt cover up. But all cheaters display numerous subtle signs of infidelity they are unaware of, and would never even think to cover up.
2. The sooner you spot the signs of infidelity, the better. It’s to your advantage to spot the signs of infidelity as early as possible if your mate is cheating on you. It will improve your chances of saving your marriage/ relationship -- or will give you ample time to protect yourself legally and financially in case the infidelity leads to divorce.
3. The “top 10 signs of infidelity” are an unreliable way to tell if you have a cheating mate. The presence or the absence of the so-called “top 10 signs of infidelity” are highly unreliable in determining whether or not your spouse or significant other is cheating on you. These commonly known signs can be very misleading and if you rely too heavily on them you may end up falsely accusing an innocent mate, or end up being the last to know. Seeing several of these “top 10 signs of infidelity” doesn’t necessarily mean your mate is having an affair. Not seeing any of these signs doesn’t necessarily mean you have a faithful mate.
4. Knowing what to look for is the key. If your partner is cheating, and you know what to look for, you can find numerous signs of infidelity using nothing more than your own eyes and ears, your personal knowledge of your mate, and the aid of a good infidelity reference book . An awareness of what to look for will save you from the hurt, humiliation and heartbreak of being the last to know
5. No two cheaters will display the exact same signs of infidelity. And no cheater will display every single sign. The signs of infidelity you find will depend on the cheater’s personality, and the type and circumstances of the infidelity. Again, knowing what to look for is the key) Everyone should own or have access to a good infidelity reference book.
6. Subtle signs of infidelity begin to appear when the infidelity is still in the planning stage. The subtle signs of infidelity are the signs that are most often overlooked. Spotting the signs at this stage may help you short-circuit an impending affair and get your marriage or relationship back on track.
7. There are 21 major categories of infidelity signs. Each category is comprised of multiple telltale signs. Signs of infidelity never appear in isolation. If your spouse or significant other is really cheating, you'll find clusters of telltale signs from several of the 21 categories of infidelity signs all at once.
8. Signs of infidelity can often be contradictory, That’s why it’s easy for infidelity victims to either miss, or misinterpret many of the signs of infidelity that are staring them in the face.
9. The signs of infidelity you find can give you valuable information about your partner’s affair – the type of affair (emotional affair, sexual affair, workplace affair, same sex affair, cyber affair, etc), what stage the affair is in, the possible identity of the Other Woman of Other Man, and more. A good infidelity reference book can help you interpret the signs you find.
10. The future of your marriage or relationship may depend on your ability to spot the signs of infidelity in time. The best thing you can do for yourself and your relationship is to educate yourself about infidelity. Invest in a good infidelity reference book.
For practical advice on all aspect of infidelity from discovery to recovery, visit www.NationalInfidelity.com.
NOTE: Please feel free to Tweet this article, like it, or share it with your Facebook friends.
For more articles on marriage, relationships, and infidelity by infidelity expert Ruth Houston, visit www.NationalInfidelity.com, www.SexandRelationshipsNewsandViews.com, and www.MarriageNewsandViews.com
*** © copyright 2013 Ruth Houston / All Rights Reserved.
Ruth Houston is a journalist, author, columnist, speaker and member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) specializing in celebrity and lifestyle topics. She writes a Celebrity Infidelity column, and is frequently called on by the media to comment on celebrity infidelity scandals, high profile infidelity court cases, and popular infidelity/ relationship issues in the news. Ruth also does cruise ship lectures on celebrity scandals, as well as other lifestyle topics. To interview infidelity expert Ruth Houston, or have her speak at your next event, call 718 592-6029 or e-mail InfidelityExpert@gmail.com.