As the number of online businesses is on a rapid increase, the variety of products, prices and promotions have also increased proportionately. With an entire gamut to pick from, it becomes very difficult to go for crisp comparison of prices. Below are some effective points that can help you:
• Last updated time: It is important that the price list of various products reflect the latest price tagged to that product. Only then will online price comparison be effective. In case of non-core products or where details are not available often, it is very difficult to update the price of the same on regular basis. If not so, there have also been cases where the owners of the respective sites were not efficient to keep the price list up-to-date so that it reveals the latest figures. For instance, green grocers and jewelers have to be on toes to update the list often so as to reflect the intra-day changes in the rates of the source material and thereby the final product.
• Source of information: In cases where the vendors are not the real suppliers, it is essential to understand the source of data they use to compare prices of different products. Although it is difficult to track this, but if there are multiple intermediary supply chains, then customers can go for more searches that give direct price details and so one can get a vivid picture of the lowest prices for that product.
• Reliability: There are many sites that put up best deals and offers that are ongoing in the region. The reliability of such sites can be evaluated through the testimonials, feedbacks and other reviews. You should also try to understand the approach of the site in data collection.
• Product status: The focus of most of the businesses is on their core products. They provide all the required details and updates regarding these products with due diligence. In the meanwhile, the non-core products get sidelined. While searching for the product price, the customer should look out for this segregation. It is not readily available in black and white. However, one can easily infer the core areas and the related product focus through the information provided by the sites. If your area of interest is a non-core product for the site, then you can look out for another location. The reason is there are chances of delayed updates for such products.
• Correct categorization: For a company it is essential to categorize the product perfectly and in the most obvious category which is concurrent to the definition or perception of the customers. Vendors can avail to the different analytical tools to help them with categorization. This will make the task of finding products to compare price a very easy task. However, if categorization is misleading, then the customer’s search definition might not give the expected results and the site might lose a prospective transaction.
These are very easy but helpful points to be taken care of while you opt to compare prices of the desired products online. Following these simple checks can make substantial difference.