This weekend professional makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts will converge upon the International Makeup Artist Trade Show (IMATS) Los Angeles. IMATS is open to the public, and is held annually at the Pasadena Convention Center. The show was moved up from its prior year’s schedule of June to January. IMATS is an opportunity for professional makeup artists, beginners, beauty vloggers and anyone interested in makeup to learn from the industry’s top artists, network, shop and meet popular YouTube beauty gurus.
This is a great chance to learn from prestigious keynote speakers and educators:
• Howard Berger (Academy Award winning makeup artist and credits include Hitchcock, Oz: The Great and Powerful)
• Tami Lane (Oscar winning artists and credits include The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey)
• Joanna Schlip (celebrity makeup artist whose credits include Elle, Vogue and H&M)
• Kevin James Bennet (Emmy Award winning makeup artist)
• Terri Apanasewicz (celebrity hair and makeup artist)
• Dominick Briguglio (Stila Cosmetics executive director of global pro artistry)
• Michael Burnett (Two-time Emmy nominated makeup artist)
• David Klasfeld (Creator, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics)
• Kandee Johnson (Professional makeup artist and YouTube Beauty guru)
• Eve Pearl (Emmy Award winning makeup artist and 18-year industry veteran)
• Kazuhiro Tsuji (Oscar nominated makeup effects artists whose credits include Tropic Thunder, Planet of the Apes)
• Roshar (NYC based artist) and a host of talented and notable presenters and educators will be on site.
At IMATs you can find information on high tech prosthetics used for film and television, SyFy makeup techniques and airbrushing tools and tips.
Attendees will be able to get discounts on vendors ranging from 10% - 40% off. This is a great time to stock up on beauty brands that typically aren’t discounted.
IMATS LA 2013 operation hours:
• Pros Only Friday, January 18th, 2 pm – 8 pm.
• General Admission Saturday, January 19th, 8:30 am – 5 pm
• General Admission Sunday, January 20th, 10 am – 5 pm.
Keynote speaker sessions are popular and seating is limited, so arrive early. Master classes taught by professional makeup artists are highly attended and seating is limited on classes.
If you haven’t gotten your tickets for IMATS, you should do so quickly, as it sells out early every year. Attendees may purchase one day ($45) or two-day ($75) event passes for the vendor show or master classes ($195).
The Pasadena Convention Center is located at 300 Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91101. Parking is available at the Pasadena Paseo Colorado Mall.