Did you make a resolution to get organized this year? Or to organize one space in your home like the bedroom, desk, or kitchen? IKEA joins with the National Association of Professional Organizers in helping you celebrate "Get Organized Month" in January, with free organizational workshops and donation drop off locations.
WHEN: Saturday, January 19 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: IKEA Houston (I-10 and Antoine)
WHAT: Enjoy complimentary one-hour workshops offering post-holiday organizing tips and win fun prizes while you watch NAPO’s professional organizers and an IKEA Houston visual merchandiser and blogger lead interactive demonstrations about creatively reducing clutter and utilizing storage spaces to the fullest.
- 11:30 a.m.: “Junk Drawer Diaries” with Neitra Blair
- 12:30 p.m.: “The 5 S’s and You—Streamlining Your Space (and Life)” with Alynn Blakemore
- 1:30 p.m.: “From Piles to Smiles: Making Paper Disappear!” with Certified Professional Organizer and Family Manager Coach Ellen Delap
- 2:30 p.m.: “Getting Organized with Technology” with Janice Simon
- 3:30 p.m.: Meet the Blogger; DIY workshop with Ashley Rose of SugarandCloth.com
- 4:30 p.m.: DIY Workshop with Genna Riggins, IKEA Visual Merchandiser
RSVP: Workshops are free and you may sign up for as many as you are interested.
One of the best ways to clean out your home and make sure it is good for the environment is to Recycle, Shred and Donate. IKEA is offering the community the opportunity to donate and recycle books, computers, furniture and clothes and bring documents for FREE shredding courtesy of the support of Southern Shred. Friends of the Houston Public Library, Houston Computer Recycling, Houston Furniture Bank and Salvation Army will be onsite to collect your used goods.
Here's a video to help you get started as you clean out and organize your closet and create a stack of donation worthy items to benefit Houston area families.